Thursday, June 16, 2011

35

As of now - right now! - I am 35 years old.

I know! Crazy!

What does that mean for you? Dunno! If you're a friend or loved one, I'm sure you've already told me happy birthday in some capacity. Thanks for that.

As I said on Twitter, I'd be curious to go back and tell 18-year-old me what's happened between then and now.

I'd love to end with something profound. But, you know, I think I'll end by telling you where to buy my books. Why? Tell you in a second:

Me on Amazon

Me on nook

Back in middle school, I started writing... three novels? Four? I can't even remember. What I do remember is that I never even got close to finishing them. This was an era before computers, when I sat and scribbled in notebooks, and didn't realize that a novel needs a story. A nice long one, to fill up all those pages.

And now here I am, 35, and I've written screenplays, and short stories, and novels, and now, thanks to the magic of technology, I can share them with you.

I think that'd blow my mind, a little bit, if I could tell 18-year-old myself that.

So I guess my birthday wish is I'll do something in the next 17 years that'll blow my 35-year-old mind.

And I hope that happens to you, too.

1 comment: