Friday, February 17, 2012

Ethiopia Reads: First Donation

So as you may recall, I donate 10% of my sales to Ethiopia Reads.

Or rather, I’ve mentioned it on this here blog before, and I haven’t put a follow-up on the blog yet. Which I should have, a while ago.

Only I didn’t. Because I don’t sell all that much from month to month, and I know that when you give money using a credit card, well, there are fees involved for the person getting the money.

So I figured I’d wait until the end of the year, when the pile was big enough…

And was it big enough?

It was all right. Long story short, I also kicked some of my own money into the donation, to make it a nice, rounded $50 donation. And why not? Life has been good to me, and a little extra money will buy a kid a book.

I’m all for that.

Below, I’ve included part of my donation information, with my credit card info blanked out. But before I get there…

Thanks, all my readers, for helping me to do this. I’m going to keep donating, as long as I keep selling books. (And to be honest, even if I don’t sell books. But this way I can afford to donate more.)

If you’d like to make a donation of your own, here’s the link:

http://www.ethiopiareads.org/

And if you want to get some four and five star fiction and non-fiction, and make me donate instead, here are those links:

Kindle

nook

Smashwords

No comments:

Post a Comment