Monday, September 26, 2011

How You Can Spend $0 and Raise Money for Ethiopia Reads

What is Ethiopia Reads?

You can find out more about the nonprofit here: http://www.ethiopiareads.org/

Short version: They give books to impoverished children in Ethiopia.

Why are you giving them money?

I wrote an essay about it. You can read it here.

Short version: My daughter was born in Ethiopia and I want to help the children of the country.

How can I help?

Simple. Go to Smashwords .

Download a copy of “Baby Teeth.” Smashwords will tell me you downloaded it.

(If you need an App to read the book, I highly recommend the Kindle app, which is free and easy to download and use.


Then at the end of October, I’ll send Ethiopia Reads a donation – five cents for every download, up to $500. That’s 10,000 downloads worth of books.

And that’s it.

Now, do me a favor. Go download the book. And then tell your friends on Facebook. And on Twitter. And in real life. If you see a friend with a smartphone, tell him or her to go and download the book. It will cost readers nothing, and for every 40 books people download, I’ll send enough money to Ethiopia Reads for the nonprofit to buy a book for one child.

So go! Download! And my thanks to you!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I just download it from smashwords! I think you had a great idea for Ethiopia Reads! I'm gonna put your link on my blog and post it on facebook and Tweeter so your raise will go faster :) Love the cover of Baby Teeth BTW! New GCF Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea!! I just downloaded the book and I'm on my way to spread it to Twitter and FB. :) Thanks for being so generous!!

    ReplyDelete